Friday, April 25, 2014

A Peter Pan Date

Sadie and I had a special date last weekend to see Peter Pan, the play. I had to specify to Sadie several times that it was not the movie and it would be different. 
We dressed up and went to Kneaders for dinner. I thought there would be crowds on a Saturday night, but it was completely deserted. We got done eating quickly and played I spy for a good 20 minutes. Sadie told me every thing I picked was easy for her, even when she didn't figure it out. We also had some serious talks about how she is excited for Kindergarten and her birthday, about her friends and favorite colors.

When we got to the theater we were still too early so we took some selfies in the car.
 They finally opened the doors and we settled into our front row seats. Sadie was getting bored so we took a few more pictures.
 The Hale Theatre in Orem is much smaller than the one in West Valley and Sadie was excited she could take pictures on the stage before the show started. The Hale is a theater with the stage in the middle and the audience is very close to the actors. Several of the actors touched Sadie on their way on and off stage, which she loved. We agreed that our favorite character was Captain Hook. He is hilarious in the play. Sadie's biggest disappointment was that no one actually played Tinkerbell; she was just a green light that danced around.
Sadie noticed advertisements for Cinderella, a play put on by kids, in July. We definitely plan on going to that this summer. Maybe we'll even bring Elise.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

We recently banned "I spy" at dinner time. Looks like you guys had a really fun time together.