Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Other

A few other notable items recently....

Elise still naps most days. And she still sleeps in a crib. Will she be 3 in less than a month? Yes. On this afternoon I had to wake her up to go somewhere and I found her snuggled up to her Flynn Rider doll. This girl loves to snuggle. 

 My belly is growing daily. Here I am at 35.5 weeks. The girls and I had just gotten back from a walk using our new triple (!) stroller. Do we need a triple stroller? Probably not. But Elise loves riding in strollers and Sadie has decided if Elise is in a stroller she wants a ride too. I decided to get a double stroller with a sit-n-stand shelf on the back. So far I really like it. After this walk I had Braxton Hicks contractions for 3 hours straight. That has never happened to me before.

 Sadie is an expert sign maker. She uses signs to express her emotions. Kind of like I used my childhood journals. The other day she drew this masterpiece after a confrontation with Elise. On the left you will see Dad and Mom. I am apparently saying "Elise?" (according to Sadie). Front and center is Sadie crying. On the right you have angry Elise. Properly titled "Elise Hit Me".  I love her signs because a)they keep her distracted when she is sad/mad about something and b)she practices sounding out words. I am continually astounded at her ability to read and write.

Finally, you have creepy Louie. We got a new video monitor to use with the new baby, but we set it up to watch Lou for now. Mostly because it is really entertaining. I frequently just sit and watch her after I put her to bed. Technically it is a security camera. You set it up and then download an app on your phone to watch/listen to it. You can take pictures and save them to your phone. Here is one of my favorite still shots. It was like she knew I was watching her.

1 comments:

Tina said...

Love the "creepy" picture of Elise. I want to see pictures of the triple stroller (or a link)! Hard to imagine such a thing! So excited for the new little one to come.