Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter

Last Saturday we spent most of the day down at the Faucette's house for an egg hunt, BBQ, and just general fun. We had planned on going back to our neighborhood for another Easter party, but we ended up just staying down in Mapleton all day.
I love this picture of the egg hunt participants. There were also 2 babies. If you count our upcoming arrival there were 8 kids between the 3 families, with Hunter being the oldest at 5 years old. 
Elise needed some prodding to go find eggs but then she was off. Sadie and Hunter ran around the front of the house for the "big kid" hunt.
 And then of course, there was the obligatory inspection of--and pigging out on-- candy. The kids ate very little of the delicious lunch we made.

 I almost completely forgot about Easter baskets on Sunday. I had bought the stuff for them 3 weeks earlier. We kept things pretty simple. The girls had already gotten candy from Nana and Papa and the hunt the day before so I only gave them a few peanut butter cups. Sadie got a game and Elise got some puzzles. We considered doing a small egg hunt but never got around to it.
 Our Easter dinner was equally simple. We ate a frozen meal my mom had made for us when she was here in February. 

It was a nice, simple Easter.


1 comments:

hosander said...

I almost forgot about baskets as well. I was out Friday at 9 buying basket miscellanea