Thursday, April 17, 2014

Special Dates

In the past few weeks we have been making an effort to spend one-on-one time with the girls, especially Sadie. We call them special dates. I suspect they will be even more important after the baby comes.

One Saturday Sadie got to spend the morning with Daniel and his team with a recruit. They went to breakfast and spent a few hours on BYU campus. Sadie adores the players on the team and thinks they are all legitimately her friends. She has invited most of them to her 5th birthday party (at the end of July). She insisted on a picture with the Cosmobile.

Last week it was my turn with Sadie. First we went shopping at the Lehi outlets and got her two new dresses. We even went to the dressing room and had her try them on, which is a first for her. Sadie loved every second of it and she wanted to get everything. I should have taken a picture of her admiring herself in the dressing room mirror. 

After that we went to a nail salon to get pedicures. I am a once-every-5-years pedicure kind of person, so I just called a random salon and set up an appointment. I had no idea what they would do with a 4-year-old in terms of soaking/scrubbing her feet. Sadie was pretty adorable about everything. Even picking out her polish color was super exciting. She settled on sparkly orange for her and a mint green for me.
 She patiently waited as my feet were soaked/scrubbed/clipped. Then they dipped my feet in paraffin wax, which felt super weird but left my feet amazingly soft.
 While my wax was drying he had Sadie hop up in a chair. He rinsed her feet quickly and buffed them slightly. Then he had her pick another color for her finger nails (she picked the same color I was doing on my toes) and he painted both her fingers and toes. I was nervous that I hadn't communicated well enough that we just wanted pedicures, but I thought since Sadie was loving it, it was okay.

She felt so special as her hands and feet dried.
 
 She sat incredibly still as they finished my toes and then we were on our way. When we went to pay they only charged me $8 for Sadie's stuff, which was smart of them, because it guarantees we will probably go there again for another special date this summer.

And bonus, now my toes are cute for labor. That is super important.

Sadie and I have one more special date planned for Saturday night and then hopefully this baby will come Sunday morning!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea to have special individual dates. Right now, that is pretty much Brizzy's life, but it's a good idea for when the baby comes.

I also think I am going to take Briz to get a pedicure for her bday (cause I'm not throwing her a party); its fun to see that Sadie liked it so much. And yes, having your nails pretty for labor IS important. Someone painted mine before Holland's labor, and I actually liked it. I thought, "Well at least one part of me looks okay."