Yes I am ripping off the name from Seinfeld. And yes I am using another Seinfeld reference. And yes I am that much of a loser. The problem is that no matter how many different names I tried to come up with to name our summer I just couldn't top George Costanza's self titled summer (lazy Scranton did come close because we were so lazy and the obvious office reference). Anyways the whole point of this post is give this summer the respect it deserves. Now let us recap the Summer of George in no particular order.-We got things started right with a cruise a week before school was even out. I should have known then that this summer had a lot of upside. Carly had some great poses by people making out, I got a sombrero, and we ate tons of good food. And our wives are really mean to us.
-Carly and I started playing tennis. She made me look bad many times, but my day is coming. At some point I wont suck anymore and then I will be able to show my face in public again.
-Carly turned down every job in Utah so that she could chase her dream of becoming a BFI or book fine investigator (see the actual bookman above). She really is something special.-We went to Boston just in time to see the Celtics win the championship. Going to the parade was one of the best moments of the summer. The drunk people yelling at Matt on the subway was hilarious. Maybe one day I will be a part of a team that wins a big championship, but being as I am a Nielson that might not happen. If you are aware of the Nielson curse you will understand.
-I worked at camps, slept a lot, and managed to continue the streak of coming in second in intramurals. I seem to be good at that. At least we always have fun in the process.
-We went to Texas and had a great time at the Guadalupe river. Between the rope jumping, watching Arrested Development, eating a mighty fine burger, and a Ray Wylie Hubbard concert, it was a trip even a magician named Gob would have liked.-The highlight of the summer was a trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico filled with days at the beach, Mayan ruins, and snorkeling. It was amazing and Doug didn't even get pulled over!!!! Oh and I managed to scare Hillary and Alicia into thinking we were some of the locals hitting on them while they were on a walk.
-We watched every possible second of the Olympics and that included getting up at 6 am to watch the redeem team play. I haven't mentioned this on here yet, but I now have a new most hated player and he is Marc Gasol. That greasy Spaniard is a no talent hack, but he is 7 feet tall so he gets to play (don't cry too much Marc with a C). And Phelps and Bolt are amazing, absolutely unreal except that I am pretty sure I could give Bolt a run for his money...if he only can use one leg that is. Oh and one last thing, the Olympics only made me hate China even more.
-There was quite a bit more, but I will leave it at that. All in all I think it was the best summer we have had yet. I think we are ready for things to get started though. I am ready for the season to start and I know Carly is ready to start work. Anyways hopefully this upcoming few months will be as exciting as this summer was.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Summer of George
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yours is truly the most entertaining blog I frequent. Sorry that you are still coming in second in intramurals. Speaking of which, I am gonna miss your guys basketball this season... sad.
I don't know, I might have you beat in terms of Olympic watching. Our family is so dedicated, we RENT a television for two weeks every two years to make sure we get all the coverage. Yea.
why did you coach us knowing you had the curse. no wonder we always came in second during the conference tourney. you suck
Post a Comment