Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In Awe

A few weeks after Sadie was born I felt a little overwhelmed by the kindness of our friends and family. I got the same feeling tonight when my friend Chelsy brought over a gift for Sadie. Check it out:
How sweet is this? I cannot believe Chelsy went through the effort of not only making this blanket, but personalizing it. I don't know how many hours she put into this, but I love it.

The only drawback of the blanket? Daniel probably won't be so happy when I wrap his little boys in it. Chelsy, I guess you'll just have to make a blue one if we ever have a boy. :)

5 comments:

Tina said...

That is the cutest blanket ever. You indeed have amazing friends. Where did she get pink Boston Red Sox insignia?!!

Julia Mar said...

I love it. Jealous. I'm having a boy and I can't believe I haven't gotten any SOX gear yet. I'm way behind.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

I would wear that, and only that, with pride. It looks like a fine loincloth to me.

Chelsy said...

haha, thanks Carly! :o) I was so excited to make it when I had the idea months ago...then it took me FOREVER to get done! Sorry! And I quite like the idea of Daniel carrying about his boy in the blanket! ha ha!

Chelsy said...

Oh, and Julia...I found one of them in pink already online. Then the other two I had a friend change to pink for me in photoshop. Then I created iron-ons with the logos, cut them out and pressed them to the material. It's a great little trick to make personalized blankets when they don't sell lots of the designs you are looking for!