
Um, so my friend Margaret- she was a specimen of the day once -is amazing. She took an okay-looking family consisting of a non-smiley/spitting-up 3 month old, an annoyed/hair-cut-needing husband (mad about having to take pictures), and a wife with roots and big bags under her eyes and made them look like this.
Not that we look amazing or anything, but there are some good ones. Not only that, but in 30 minutes she managed to get some pictures that really capture us- even Sadie- without us having to try. Daniel and I are usually awkward in any kind of a photo-taking session. We don't know how to do anything but look straight at the camera and smile. So all of the candid photos Margaret got are just that- totally candid. Daniel and I both commented that in several of them we thought we were out of the shot.

These are just a few of my favorites. I am also holding back some of the ones I might want to send out on holiday cards.


We really do love Sadie, we just do weird things with her sometimes.

Margaret- Thank you. We love you. And we love these pictures. Daniel has admitted that taking them was actually a good idea. Now we'll just have to arrange all our future family photos around your trips to Utah.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Picture Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I love these pictures. You look so beautiful and all three of you guys look so happy.
Man... remind me to call Margaret if I ever need pictures taken.
GREAT photos. Those were the pictures I wanted to take but couldn't! Way to go, Margaret. See, I don't have the creative flair that you need if you're going to be a photographer. Thanks for letting me inconvenience you twice anyway.
Wow. Just Wow. We should get Margaret to come to our family's Thanksgiving retreat and take some pictures of our whole (without Carrie & Anthony & Daniel) clan. Just kidding. Margaret is SO talented (but she did have some beautiful people to take pictures of!!)
Those are so great! I love love the candids - they are just so much more fun than posed photos.
okay HI hot mama...you look so pretty in every single one! I love the way these turned out. who thought of the library?! Very cute!!!
These are soo cute! you guys look great:)
I love the idea of taking them in the library. it's definitely different, and they look great.
Thanks for all the kind words!
It was actually a fluke that we ended up in the library. It was way too cold to take pictures outside so at the last minute I suggested "my office"- the library.
I'm so glad that wasn't a painful experience! That is the best compliment... I always feel pretty awkward pretending to be a photograher but it was a lot of fun with you guys. Seriously, let's do it again next year.
Ah Ha! So is Little Red Margaret T? I always thought she was Daniel's sister... Sadie would make a fine librarian; perhaps she could be the next Ms. Reagan at BHS. Ms. Reagan will probably just be getting ready to retire when Sadie is 60, and therefore eligible to be top dog in the library.
Oh my gosh you guys! She is so old! I am sad we are missing out! The family pictures are awesome! We miss you! Oh and by the way, Hunter is so excited to see Uncle Dan. He keeps talking about it and doesn't want to go to sleep!
Post a Comment