So I have returned to a few major things in recent weeks.
1. Work. Last week I started working half days every day in the office. It lasted one week. I cut it down to 4 days a week. I bring Sadie to Naomi-- a woman in our ward who does a great job-- 3 afternoons a week and then my sister Hillary babysits Friday mornings. So I work about 16 hours in the office and 20 hours from home every week. I like it fine, but I think my ideal would be working 3 times a week in the office. I can't complain though; my boss has been amazing about the whole thing. I couldn't ask for a better situation.
2. The Gym. I started working out at the gym again. Yuck. I tried doing work out videos at home, but I don't like them as much. I returned to my pre-pregnancy weight about a month ago, but you really wouldn't be able to tell because my stomach hasn't gotten the memo. It still hangs over my pants. I'm trying to convince it to tighten up. We'll see if that ever happens. I am doubtful.
**Side note about Gold's Gym memberships- The best way to buy them is to go on craigslist and find someone trying to sell a prepaid membership. All you do is go to Gold's and transfer the membership to your name. Since it has been prepaid you don't have to mess with a monthly bill or any of those extra fees Gold's tends to charge. It costs $100 to transfer a membership to someone else, so keep that in mind when negotiating. **
3. Sleeping through the night. Sadie sleeps through the night! Kind of. She did it for the first time a few weeks ago and I got all excited. It only lasted about a week and then she started waking up around 5 AM every day. I am a bad (and tired) mother so I decided to let her cry it out. Now I shut our door, turn our fans up, and turn off the baby monitor each night. I am not sure if she is still waking up at 5 AM because we can't hear her. I do know that she is already awake most mornings at about 7:30 AM when one of us gets up. Sometimes she's crying, sometimes just talking to herself. Feel free to judge me on my parenting (Daniel hates letting her cry) but I am at peace with my decision. Maybe that's because I am sleeping well.
4. Eating normally. What does this mean? Well, I got a few cavities filled 2 days before I had Sadie. Yup, 2 days. That is a funny story in itself. What is not a funny story is the fact that my teeth have been killing me for 3 months since! My dentist told me that with new white fillings my teeth might be a little sensitive to temperature and sweet things for a little while. Um, you think? It got so bad that I started to avoid eating. I had to chew incredibly slowly to avoid touching my fillings. I could really only drink out of a straw so the cold liquid would bypass the fillings and go straight down my throat. It was awful. Enough complaining though, because the good news is that my teeth don't hurt anymore! I can eat and just enjoy it! Sometimes there is nothing better than a delicious meal.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Returns
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I fully support you letting Sadie cry through the night - even if Daniel doesn't. You need your sleep!
Yay for sleep! I'm glad you can enjoy eating again. Anthony and I were talking and one of the things we look forward to most with his new job is being able to go the dentist. It's been awhile...
I did the exact same thing the last two mornings. Briz woke up at like 5:30 a.m. and I wasn't havin' it, so I shut both our doors and turned on the ocean sound thing in my room. She normally doesn't wake up until 8 a.m., so I made her stay in bed until then. She screamed for the entire 2 1/2 hours. Talk about stubborn. So if you're a bad mom, then I am one too.
When are you going to the gym? Do you have Daniel watch her when you're gone? My problem is that I need a gym that can watch a 6 month old cause Nick is never home at the same time as me. Eh!
I'll need to stock up on some fans!1;) and I totally have just had the same thing done as far as fillings and two wisdom teeth taken out! Things are still a a little painful so i'm hoping it calms after baby is out.
Sadie is getting cuter and cuter!
Thanks for all the support on the crying it out. Maybe I'm not such a bad mom after all.
Lexie- I only go when Daniel is home. Next week I think I am going to try going at 7 AM- yikes. Also, the Gold's Gyms here take kids in their daycare when they are 6 months.
Janica- I wish the speediest of recoveries to you in the teeth department. It sucks! Good luck with the last few weeks of pregnancy- can't wait to see the little guy!
Those pictures were phenomenal. Did your pregnancy come with a facelift because I can hardly even recognize you now, Carly!
Post a Comment