Sadie has taken to pulling trash out of the kitchen garbage. This particular picture was taken after I pulled a piece of bread crust (from the trash) out of Sadie's hand. She had already managed to eat half of it. My cousin Keri enlightened me that Sadie might just be into freeganism. The all-knowing wikipedia tells us that the freegan "lifestyle involves salvaging discarded, unspoiled food from supermarket dumpsters, known as 'dumpster diving'. Freegans salvage the food for political reasons, rather than out of need."
Just before incident #2
Sadie went one step further last week when she pulled a leaf off a rose bush and ate it. She then proceeded to gag loudly and throw it up. (By the way, this occurred during an outdoor wedding ceremony- we won't be invited to more weddings any time soon)
Hopefully she's got the freegan BS out of her system now.
3 comments:
Haha! Your title made me laugh out loud. I remember learning about "freegans" on the Tyra show. You know if Tyra covers it, it must be cool. Oh, and Sadie still looks cute in the yellow dress.
Your blog posts make me feel good about myself. People were so disgusted with me when Brizzy pulled stuff out of the garabage, and I didn't freak out. It happens ALL the time. I haven't noticed Briz eating anything out of the garbage yet, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. If Sadie's doing it, Briz probably is too.
Thank you for keeping me educated. I love learning new words on your blog. Such as the word for people who hate the sound of people eating - the word has escaped me at the moment.
I love how Sadie is raising one eyebrow in this picture.
Post a Comment