Last week my parents (Nana & Papa to Sadie) came out to Utah for Alicia's open house. We are calling them Nana and Papa now, but this may change depending on what the grandchildren actually call them. My cousin Brandon thought we were calling him Pop Pop (as in Arrested Development's "I have Pop Pop in the attic") and now I am pushing for that.
With the married couple
The day after the open house in Salt Lake we all went to Malad for a big John family get together. Then we got to have my parents stay with us in Orem for a few days. They were our first official house guests. They watched Sadie while I was at work, helped me with a few projects, and celebrated with us.
My dad has decided to fill the role of the grandpa who uses food to gain love. When we were in Boston last month he gave her ice cream and unlimited graham crackers.
This time was no different. Here he is feeding her some flag cake on the 4th of July.
She actually didn't like it very much. She takes after her dad when it comes to cake.
I got this idea stuck in my head that I wanted to make a cornice for our living room window. The project worked out decently well. When I am done decorating the living room I'll share pictures.
Helping with the window treatment project
We decided to celebrate Sadie's 11 month birthday since my parents won't be here to celebrate Sadie's first (yikes!) birthday. We even wrapped their presents.
Sadie wasn't sure what to do so we pretty muchopened them for her.
Don't be fooled by Sadie's eyes- she loved each new present and was not interested in opening the next thing. She had some sort of cold/teething induced hayfever/who knows type thing (this is the official medical term) that made her eyes water.
After blowing the biggest snot bubble ever.
Her favorite present was this alligator piano/xylophone on wheels. She currently enjoys dragging it by the mallet and hitting her dad in the face with the mallet.
Daniel is putting the new blocks to good use already.
We are so proud
Sadie loved to rip my mom's glasses off her face and throw them on the floor. The picture above took 6 tries. That's no small feat with my crappy camera.
My mom gave in on this shot and just let her have them.
Thanks for visiting us Nana and Pop Pop!
4 comments:
Hey, I was trying to get my Dad to go by Pop Pop too, also from Arrested Development! Good to know that Sadie loves the alligator thing. I have no idea what kind of toys to get Briz, so I just don't get her any.
I need to call you about next week. I'm still thinking Friday would be a good day to hang out.
Yes, but we picked Nana John to go with Papa John. What the heck goes with Pop Pop? Mom Mom? Mop Mop? I am anxious to see pictures of the final version of the valence, with the new material. I'm glad that Daniel was ok with it, without the offending "old lady" material on it that I helped pick out.
Sounds like so much fun! I love Sadie's tooth (pictured in previous post)! It is so cute.
Does she hit other people besides her dad? Is she going to be a bully?
I don't know what a cornice is.
Post a Comment