9 months. Elise is...emotional. She smiles easily. She cries easily. I'm not sure when we decided that she was so sweet and laid back, but we always say it. The truth is that I am not sure it is possible for our DNA to create a sweet kid. She smiles a lot, but I'm starting to suspect that's just to lure you in close so she can rip out fistfuls of your hair. We love her more than anything, sweet or not.
Louie army crawls all over the joint, getting into everything she can. She's a menace. It makes us laugh so, so hard every time she takes Sadie's stuff. Yesterday Sadie cried like someone shot her when Elise chewed on her baby doll's feet. I can't wait to see Lou grow more and give Sadie a real run for her money. Elise adores Sadie, even when she tackles Lou to the ground with "hugs". The other day the girls were sitting in a grocery cart together taking turns squealing and making each other laugh. My fellow store patrons may not have appreciated it, but it was one the coolest moments of my life. Cannot wait until they play together more.
Lou's bottom teeth are almost completely in. More teeth are on the horizon. She is on the tall side (65th percentile) and she has been really burning the calories with army crawling (down to the 23rd weight percentile). She pounds cheerios, kix, puffs, yogurt melts, goldfish and pretty much anything else I put in front of her. She's sleeping 11 hours a night and 2 long naps a day. She could care less about tv/movies (Sadie already loved Baby Einstein's at this age). Still a complete mama's girl and no one else will do if I am in sight.
Her life is flying by. I remember feeling like Sadie was so old when she hit 9 months. And just because I never pass up an opportunity to compare my children, some photos of the girls at the same age:
I chose two pictures where they look a lot alike. Elise is more delicate looking, but that could be due to the fact that Sadie had almost 2 pounds on Elise at the same age (but Elise is taller). Still the same differences we have always recognized: Elise has big eyes, Sadie's got big cheeks. Speaking of cheeks, the photo above doesn't do Sadie's justice. Lest anyone has forgotten, here are the cheeks in all their glory:
And an innocent, little, chub-less gooer who smiles all day for her mama.

2 comments:
She's getting so big! Teeth, and crawling, and taking her sister's toys, and laughing together...oh, my. I can hardly wait to see her in a week.
I'm sorry- but when I read your posts I crack up every single time. Elise is so darling. She just likes you. And I think Sadie looks just like Daniel. What cute kids you have!
Post a Comment