Thursday, February 16, 2012

Will you be my val-en-tine?

On Valentine's Eve we made some sugar cookies and valentines. Sadie insisted on rolling the dough out. 
Sadie then decorated some extra special cookies with about 1/3 cup of sprinkles on each.
  

Last year I mentioned that I wanted to follow in my mother's footsteps and have Valentine's Day be all about family love. I decorated the table, set out candy bags, and wrote heartfelt cards to everyone. Daniel picked up PF Changs takeout and the meal was complete.
Only the fanciest for us- I hung our heart cookie cutters from the light fixture.  
What can I say? I am high class like that.
The girls opened their little presents after dinner. 
Sadie was thrilled to unearth a mini ball pit blow up thing (official name) and 2 Disney VHS movies. Elise got a walker toy. So far Sadie plays with it more than Elise, but Lou was still excited about it.
See?
And another cute picture of Leesie for good measure. 
Mimi and Paco joined us for dinner as well. February 14th is Paco's birthday and he was nice enough to let the girls focus on their Valentines' presents instead of him, even though he really enjoys attention on his birthday.
Sadie joined us in a stirring rendition of "Happy Birthday" to round out the night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I loved your "fancy" decorations.

Amander said...

My mom always made valentine's day about family, too. I love that tradition.