Sunday, May 3, 2015

Soccer Talk


 We are halfway through our girls 1st soccer season. When I signed Sadie up I just assumed Lou would be excited about playing also. Not....so much. Elise is too young. While Sadie happily hustled her way through her first game, not getting the ball much but having a good time; Elise whined her way through her first game. The only thing she enjoyed was playing goalie. She stopped the ball 1 out of 5 times it came to her. She got to take goal kicks, which was very fun to her. In the picture below she went to kick it and fell on her bum. After that she was done playing.
 The next few games were more of the same. Below are pictures of her goofing off with her friend Kaitlyn. Elise played the first few minutes of the game and then refused to go back in. At one point a parent alerted me to the fact that Lou was running through the brush up behind the field. At the last game Elise did not play at all. We should not have signed her up this young.

 Sadie is a great age for soccer. She is incredibly fun to watch. She is slightly over-competitive, but that to be expected with us as her parents. She counts down to the days to each game and remembers many details about them all. She was thrilled when they finally got their first win this week. Below she got a stop as goalie and threw the ball to her teammates. Then she cheered on her team, the Cheetahs with some other teammates.

1 comments:

Amander N said...

Ugh. I despised going to my brothers' soccer/football/baseball games. I hope I don't hate it when Zeke starts that stuff.

But your little girls are too cute in their uniforms.