Friday, July 31, 2015

Robin Hood

At the beginning of June we heard about a free theater class through the Pleasant Grove library. All you had to do was show up and each kid would be assigned a part in the Robin Hood play. Then they had 6 weeks of 2-hour play practices. At the end of the 6 weeks they put on 2 performances. It was very simple, but it was perfect for Sadie's interests/abilities. The woman who directed it is a saint. I would have wanted to kill all those kids running around being crazy. Sadie really enjoyed it. She was very nervous but also excited. Her role was "child #3" and Sadie's 2 lines were "uh oh, now you've done it" and  "I'm scared of Prince John". 

I was glad I took a few pictures at the dress rehearsal because my phone died during the performance. Sadie is in the black shirt and white skirt on the left side.

 She insisted on make-up because any performance worth anything needs make-up.

Cast picture after their final performance. 
Sadie did a great job and actually memorized pretty much everyone's lines so she could be seen occasionally mouthing other lines. 
Luckily Whitney and Carolyn were here to witness the thrill of the local library free theater class performance. Worth the 22 hour drive, for sure.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

The kids and I were looking at your blog today and Will keep bringing up Sadie being in Robin Hood. He's very impressed. He wanted to know who she was and I told him one of the kids. Will decided that meant she was the older sister Rabbit with the pink bow in the Disney version.