Thursday, July 2, 2015

Swim Lessons Round 1

The girls took swimming lessons for the first time in June. I meant to put them in lessons the past 2 summers, but it just never happened. The girls were more than ready.
Sadie was a little nervous on the first day when her teacher was using all sorts of terms she had never heard.
 Elise was giddy with excitement from day 1. 
 Both girls tried hard to do everything their teachers asked of them, but they weren't always so successful at the beginning. 
 Swim lesson time was slightly chaotic, as a section of the main pool was blocked off, but the rest of the pool facility was being used by the public.


The kids in Sadie's class could all swim, but would frequently end up on top of each other when they were trying to swim to the lane marker and back. Below Sadie is on the right. Elise made the best faces during lessons. 
One of Elise's favorite games was singing the monkey/alligator song and then jumping off the side.
 Both girls loved retrieving the rings from the bottom of the pool. Sadie struggled a bit because she had to dive down, but by the end of the 2 weeks she could do it. Both girls had a hard time relaxing when they were doing floats, but did a great job by the end. 
 Sadie and Lou asked every day if they could go down the water slide and I said no. On the last day Sadie's class got to go down it and Sadie was so proud. 

The girls are signed up for another 2 week session in July and they can't wait. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love swim lessons and watching them improve and gain confidence in just a short amount of time.

Carrie said...

I totally agree with what Lexie said. I wish I could watch them swim with my kids in WI. The girls look cute in their matching suits.