Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Visitor 2

On July 5th we met up with July visitor #2, Nana. I am considering the Cottles as July visitor #1 even though they didn't stay with us, because we hung multiple times at the very beginning of July. Daniel also happened to leave for his first recruiting trip of the summer on July 5th.
The girls and I met Nana in Salt Lake for an extended family dinner. Before dinner we visited Grammie's grave. Sadie's middle name is Rose, after Rosemary (Grammie) and she is very interested in everything Rosemary-related. Maybe I have forced it, but Sadie feels a real connection to her.
Sadie had asked to visit her grave several times so we thought this would be a great time to go. I actually hadn't been back since Grammie's funeral so it was nice for me. It also made me sad for two reasons: 1)my girls don't get to have Grammie in their lives and 2)they don't get to have a grandmother live close to them like I had with Grammie. I really hope one day we get to live within *reasonable* driving distance of one of our parents.

Back to my mom's visit. We had fun visiting with cousins at Sunday dinner and then with 2nd cousins and beyond at another gathering that night.
Monday morning (and every other morning) we were up and ready bright and early for a 9 AM second round of swimming lessons for the girls. A couple of the mornings we got donuts after lessons.

We did our fun outings in the afternoons after Millie's nap.
Monday we met the Sullivans at the Museum of Natural Curiosity.
 Aside from the bloody nose that shut down part of an exhibit for a while, all the kids were thoroughly engrossed and entertained.
 Millie and Andrew loved sitting in the water table.
The huge windows letting in tons of natural light made for some great shots of Camille's gorgeous blue eyes.
 Sadie and Lou loved the wind tunnel

The Alpine splash pad was another afternoon outing. I had never gone with the girls and it was fun, even if the girls spent 1/2 hour playing on the bike racks.  
 
We also played on the playground for a good portion of our visit. Lastly, I left my prized cooler bag, the perfect size for small picnics, at the splash pad. So disappointing. Had to settle for a new huge one from Costco. 

We got a babysitter one day and went shopping for coordinated outfits for the John family photo. This is what we ended up with. 

The dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point was another outing. We met the Sullivans again and the kids had a blast. At one point they got a little too rowdy in their game of screaming tag.

We also made oobleck (called goobleck by my kids), which was an instant hit.
 We ended up with a massive mess of it and the girls haven't stopped asking to make it since.

We all love having Nana here. 

Mom, you were a lifesaver while Daniel was gone so long. We had so much fun with you. 


1 comments:

Tina said...

I wouldn't have missed it! Thanks for letting me come.