On August 23rd we celebrated Holly Cottle's 4th birthday.
It is hard to come up with words to describe how I feel about her life and death. Her passing changed my perspective on many things. It makes me sad that Lexie, Nick and Holland's sisters have to live without her. It also feels weird and wrong to talk about how her death affects me because it is so totally not about me.
Anyway, her birthday is usually happy because we get to send off balloons and my girls look forward to it. But I think it's also okay that her birthday makes me sad too.
In a funny coincidence, one of Elise's other best friends has the exact same birthday as Holland, so I can very clearly imagine what it would be like if Holly and Lou got to be friends right now.





2 comments:
This made me cry. I love you and your family. I feel so much empathy from you. You're an example to me of how to show that for other people. I wish Elise had her little friend around to play with every time we are together.
I have the same internal dilemma when her birthday comes around. I want to write about it, but then it's not about me. But I like remembering her. She really has made such an impact on so many people. Love that Holland Cottle.
Post a Comment