When we got back from Wisconsin/Minnesota we had a week and a half until school started. I wish I could say I jam-packed tons of fun into those days, but I didn't. We finally completed the last few things on our summer bucket list.
On one of the last hot days we met several moms and their kids. It was so fun to watch all those kids together.
The only item we didn't cross off our bucket list was teaching Sadie and Elise to ride 2-wheelers. I blame it on the fact that we live on a busy street so we have to drive somewhere else to teach them. We put a few lame attempts in with Sadie, but we realized her bike was too big to learn on and we never got around to taking off the training wheels on the smaller bike. Some day.
First was a hike. We had planned on Stewart Falls, but Elise's hiking performances early in the summer showed us this may be too lofty a goal. Plus, the girls told us they didn't want to do it.
We decided to try out Cascade Springs. It was perfect. Beautiful and not strenuous.
Another bucket list item was a pizza/movie pj party. The girls were anxious to host it all summer and we did it a few days before school started. We called it a little summer send off and invited all the first grade girls in our neighborhood, along with some younger sisters.
After pizza we settled in to watch Little Rascals. The girls all seemed excited, but within 20 minutes only 3 girls were left watching. Instead they got into our massive dress-up collection.
The weather was so beautiful the rest of August/September that we went swimming at our little swimming hole, Manila Creek Pond, several times.
Sadie and 2 friends attempted- and failed- to get on a paddle board togetherOn one of the last hot days we met several moms and their kids. It was so fun to watch all those kids together.
The only item we didn't cross off our bucket list was teaching Sadie and Elise to ride 2-wheelers. I blame it on the fact that we live on a busy street so we have to drive somewhere else to teach them. We put a few lame attempts in with Sadie, but we realized her bike was too big to learn on and we never got around to taking off the training wheels on the smaller bike. Some day.















1 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. I am impressed with your energy!
Post a Comment