She spent hours on signs for her "frart" (fort). I photographed a couple of them, but there were probably 20 in total. My favorite sign was the rules: do not hit, you can dance, do not push, please follow these rules
First attempt at rag-tying. While nostalgic for me, it was way more labor-intensive than the trusty curling wand I use to curl her hair.
Uncle Ben sketched this picture of Elsa in Wisconsin and I finally put it in a frame on Sadie's dresser. I am hoping to convince Ben to do more sketches, like of his nieces, ahem.
This is huge- Sadie got the Eagle of Month award in her class. This is an award that 2 students get each month during the school year. The teacher chooses whatever they want it to be for. Sadie's says for her hard work. That's fine and all, but this award is terribly designed. The problem is that only a few kids don't get the award in a given year. Sadie was devastated in Kindergarten when she never got it. She and like 3 other kids were the only ones who didn't get it. They should only give it to 1 kid per month so that most kids don't get it. End rant.
Look at this beautiful 6-year-old







2 comments:
Or, better yet, give it every other week (instead of 2 a month) and then those last 3 kids or so would get it. Or give 3 a month so everyone gets it, or something like that. You are right -- it is TERRIBLE that almost everyone gets it in a year, but a few kids.
But proud of Sadie for getting it so quickly this year. Clearly she has connected with her teacher immediately, and that's always so fun for kids (and for the teacher!)
That award system is confusing. I like Sadie's writing, the rules of her fort seem pretty reasonable to me.
Post a Comment