The girls were very excited to play with the Halloween finger puppets Mimi sent them. Of course you have to be in costumes while playing with them. Elise STILL wears her size-18-months dragon/alligator/dinosaur costume she wore for Halloween in 2012. It does not come close to fitting. She also received a new dragon costume for Christmas in 2015, yet she returns to this one.
Elise and I were practicing her hair for her Halloween costume- Belle.
I added this skeleton to our Halloween decoration collection. We all loved him and the girls named him Mr. Bones. Unfortunately, Mr. Bones scraped up our beautiful door. Wish I could insert crying emoji here. He ended up on the stoop leaning against one of the door sidelights.
We attended the neighborhood HOA Halloween party for the HOA a couple blocks over from us. The highlight for the girls was the horseback riding. Even if Sadie looks angry, she was excited. There were a bunch of boys from her grade waiting in line and I think she was trying to look cool?
I got Camille some adorable Halloween pj's on clearance
I dressed up as Damian from Mean Girls for my Halloween bunco. Half of the women did not have any idea who I was.
We finally went to the pumpkin patch a week before Halloween. It was a hot, sunny day, as you can see. Lots of real photogenic pictures to choose from.
The girls were much more willing to touch the pumpkin guts this year. Every year they reenact 2 years ago when Coco was here and Elise thought she was going to die from touching the pumpkin insides. Our pumpkins turned out decent. Elise chose a very elaborate design (on the right, below). Sadie wanted a scary pumpkin (on the left). And I chose to freehand a very basic pumpkin for Millie. I was done carving Sadie and Camille's pumpkins before Daniel finished Elise's.
Elementary school costume parade. I love it. Elise was happy to pose. Sadie was a little too cool for school. All my pics of her are slightly blurry. But I guess that is fitting for her "rockstar' outfit.
About to go trick-or-treating. It was a nice temperature as we started, but then got down in to the 50's when were running around the neighborhood. I got pretty cold.
Sadie ran off with her friend Bentley and ended up staying with her until she was done trick-or-treating. Elise and Millie loved it, but they were done after 2 streets. Millie has asked to go trick-or-treating several times since Halloween.
Daniel's team came over for dinner that night and handed out candy while we trick-or-treated. It is kind of a tradition now. In the past we only had a few players, but this year most of the team came so we had a full house. The girls were all excited to be home so they could hang out with the team and stuff their faces with candy.




















0 comments:
Post a Comment