Monday, November 7, 2016

John Visit #1

Anthony and Carrie rolled into town for Carrie's sister's wedding on October 13. The kids were all very excited to see one another.

The next day I checked Sadie out of school at lunchtime and we all met up with Matt at the Cougareat for some lunch, long lines, and reminiscing. 
We didn't think about the fact that not only was it prime time for lunch but it was the day of the homecoming football game. Long lines. It was alright because we all had a good time. 
After lunch I took Millie and Elliott home while Carrie and Anthony took the oldest 4 cousins to hike the Y. I was a little nervous, but I knew Sadie and Elise could do it since we had done it in August without me carrying them at all.
It turned out Elise was a stinker but she did make it up with some coaxing. Not only did they deal with whining, but the John family got to battle the elevation change and dry air.
My girls came home talking about what a good time they had.


That night much of Carrie's family attended the BYU football game. Sadie chose that as her game to attend this season so Daniel brought everyone down on the field before the game started.

Will and Sadie had a very good time.

The next day was the wedding of Carrie's sister so we didn't see the Johns very much. I realized after I got home from my long training run that morning that I had agreed to do Lauren's hair before the wedding, but they had already left for the day. I still feel so bad about being flaky. 

On Sunday we had a little celebration for Lauren's birthday since it was later that week. 
The cake I made was pretty much the saddest, most deformed thing I have ever baked, but with lots of frosting it looked somewhat OK. Millie has a very hard time remembering to stay away from candles when it isn't her birthday.

Other favorite cousin activities included playing outside and reading bedtime books to one another. 

Each kid got a turn reading to the group. It proved to be difficult for some kids to sit through their cousins' turns to read (ahem, Elise). 

Our goodbyes were not very sad since we knew the Johns would be back 2 weeks later for Carrie's other sister's wedding. 









0 comments: