December is always a busy month, but with me leaving my job it made things feel extra busy.
Here are some pictures of non-Christmas and non-work related stuff that we did.
Date night to the BYU-Utah men's game. It's crazy how different the Marriott Center feels during the men's games.
Obligatory gymnastics class shot.
Finally started getting the office put together. We had the toys in here when the Salazars lived in our basement. Then it sat empty with an old recliner for 6 months. It was basically a pass through space because it has doors to our front hall and kitchen. I had to give my work laptop back so we needed a computer. Also, with Sadie in school now we figure a desktop will be useful. We decided to go with a somewhat basic all-in-one desktop. It has a big screen and plenty of storage, but nothing fancy. It also has a touch screen so the girls immediately felt comfortable with it. So far we love it. I spent hours perusing the KSL classifieds for a desk. We paid more than I had budgeted, but after checking out a few cheaper desks in bad condition, I decided to scrap the idea of refinishing something. You can't see the whole thing in the picture, but the desk is exactly what I wanted- an l-shape with filing drawers on either end.
The girls were playing "doggy". They crawled around fetching toys for 20 minutes and rubbed their legs raw. Silly kids.
Sadie still makes us signs to express her feelings. This sign shows real progress to me. In the past when she was mad she made lots of signs about not loving us, or us not loving her. I think we finally got through to her that being mad or frustrated with your family members doesn't mean we don't love them anymore.






0 comments:
Post a Comment