Camille has passed the 7 month mark. I feel like life is jut hurtling toward her first birthday. She will be walking before we know it.
The two biggest changes this month are that she started taking a bottle (and she holds it herself) and she has two teeth. My kids have never gotten teeth this early so I thought her fussiness was all due to the shots at her 6 month appointment. When she was still having symptoms 10 days after the appointment it occurred to me that she might be teething. Sure enough- two teeth were already poking through. I was still nursing exclusively at that point, and you would think I would have attributed that pinching feeling to teeth, but no, I just thought Camille was sucking differently.
Plastic wipes containers are Millie's favorite toy. I did finally pull out our bin of baby toys, which has mostly been enjoyed by the older girls. Occasionally Mills gets to play with some of them.
Camille devours graham crackers at impressive speed. And she eats the entire square down to a little nub in her hand. I give her a square a couple times a week. Definitely a function of a third child- with my other kids I tried to avoid anything but fruits/veggies at this age, but it is just so hilarious to watch her. We all usually gather around and analyze the process. She enjoys all baby food but carrots. Every time I feed her carrots she gags. She also loves to try to lap water out of my cup. When I put a water cup up to her mouth that tongue comes out and she probably adds more slobber to the cup than water she ingests, but she kicks and pants like crazy about it.
She has started using her hands a lot. She likes to point in the air and then slowly move her pointer finger up and down in front of her face. She also just started half-clapping. She brings her hands together to imitate my clapping, but there is no sound. She continues to enjoy slapping her hands on my face.
Millie sits up pretty well. When she is done with sitting she usually slowly bends forward and to the side until her face hits the floor and then she pops her legs out. The first few times she did this I thought it was a fluke, but it appears to be on purpose now.
Once she is on her tummy she rotates herself anywhere she wants to go. Nothing resembling crawling at all. And that's just fine by me.
Overall Camille continues to be one of the best baby in the history of babies. She had some sad times this month before I realized she was getting teeth so I should maybe cut her some slack and give her some Tylenol.
Official 7 month photo:











1 comments:
She is just perfect! I love all of these pictures! And should you have any free (ha!) time while you are out visiting, I would love to see you all. We never mind a trek to Belmont!
Post a Comment