Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

Daniel was gone in Hawaii for the entire week of Thanksgiving. I realized about a week before the big day that we had no plans for dinner. It wasn't a huge deal to me, but I texted some extended family members to find out what they were doing. It turned out my cousin Lacy had no set plans. We settled on eating at our house, with Lacy and my Uncle Robert making most of the food. Sounded perfect to me.
Sadie was very enthusiastic about helping me get ready. We prepared the napkins days before. 
Elise got tuckered out on Thanksgiving morning and had to take a nap before everyone arrived. 

We ended up with 6 adults (me, Lacy, Brandon, Robert, Kathryn and Bobpa) and 7 kids (2 babies, Sadie, Elise, Elly, Miles, and Henry). It was a great size. Not too big but still felt like a good group. The food was delicious and the kids played happily (mostly).
I wrapped the kids table using our huge paper roll and the kids enjoyed coloring on it. Elly and Sadie wrote love notes to each other. 

That makes two Thanksgivings in a row where Thanksgiving was held at my house, but I basically did none of the cooking. I need to keep this streak alive.

1 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds so fun! I remember the last time I had Thanksgiving dinner with Bobpa, but I can't remember how long ago it was (it seems like it was the Thanksgiving after Grammie died, because we were helping with stuffing the envelopes for Bobpa's Thanksgiving letter).