Elise is the goofiest kid. She has us laughing all the time. And she knows it.
A couple weeks ago I took this blurry picture because I wanted to show Daniel that Elise had stuck blue play doh in the end of her nose. I told Lou it was gross and not to do it again. Also, yes, she does have chocolate all over her face.
A few days later the girls were getting their craft on and Elise kept muttering something about "stuck". I ignored it until she told me her nose was hurting. When I asked why she said "it's stuck up there". When I looked up it I couldn't see anything so I thought she was talking about a booger. I continued to clean up the kitchen and she kept whimpering. I finally pulled her head back and shined a flash light up her nose. Lo and behold, there was a tiny red craft pom pom. I ran and got some tweezers, braced her head back against the chair with my leg, and carefully pulled it out. It was like the game "Operation". If I stayed perfectly in the middle of her nostril I could get to it, but if I hit the sides then Elise would flail. It took a few attempts, but I got it.
Afterwards I realized I was shaking from the adrenaline. Not sure why. I don't think there was much danger of anything terrible happening, but I feel like I have heard stories of kids going to the ER to get stuff removed from their nasal cavities. I REALLY hope this is the end of our adventures with Lou putting stuff up her nose.


0 comments:
Post a Comment