Wednesday, April 1, 2015

11/12


 This baby is 11 months. She is adorable. She is happy. We are all in love with her.
There are some real changes to report this month. 
She worked so hard to figure out how to go forward. She would go from sitting up to her hands and knees, but couldn't quite get it....
Until one day she started doing a hybrid of the worm/army crawl/roll...
And 3 days later she was crawling with perfect form. I have already pulled wood chips, legos, and various other things out of her mouth. She has been rolling around for a while, so it's not like she was immobile, but somehow she didn't notice anything small on the floor. 

She also cut her third and fourth teeth this month. The third one is about 2/3 in and the fourth one just peeked out of the gums a few days ago. 

She loves to stand up and is getting pretty good at balancing without holding onto anything. She's especially good when she doesn't realize I have let go of her. Once she realizes she will lean over to me or sit on her bum.

Camille likes to squeal/yell and flex her muscles at the same time. She sticks her little arms and legs straight out and then tenses everything while telling "gah!!!" as loud as she can. 

She is graduating to a majority of solid food. I usually give her some baby food as well, but the majority of her meals are real food. She likes everything, but typically eats: cheese, avocados, tomatoes, pears, black beans, bread, corn, strawberries, peas, etc. It's probably dumb to make a list because she eats whatever we give her. Mills is great at drinking out of a sippie as well, so she gets water at each meal too. Then she also has 4 formula bottles per day. Still trying to figure out how to phase out at least one of those.

I am starting to try to sign more with her. She doesn't sign back to me, but she understands when I tell her to drink water and sign it and then when I sign all done she gets really excited to get out of the high chair. 
Goals for the next 2 months: getting Camille to sign at least 5 words and walking!!

The 11 month old girl herself:

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

So grown up!! I love these pics!!