Friday, April 24, 2015

Easter

Daniel went out of town at the last minute for Easter weekend so we didn't do much. 
 I mentioned we continued the tradition of the Faucette-Nielson Easter egg hunt. It was a smashing success, due to Kaylie's plastic egg preparedness. We didn't have a ton of candy so we put stickers and pennies in some of the eggs. It doesn't really matter much to the kids anyway. The most fun part to them is finding the eggs.

 On Easter morning the girls got some great stuff. I had bought some dress-ups that I planned for birthdays, but since Daniel was gone I didn't have the chance to get different Easter basket fillers. The girls got up early and checked out their loot before waking me up. The tag on the Tiana dress said "Petal Princess" so Sadie kept insisting to Elise that it was absolutely not Tiana's dress. 
 The girls both took to the Cinderella cleaning costume. They both actually cleaned for a long time when they were wearing it. Elise got very mad at me that I wouldn't fill a bowl full of sudsy water so she could clean the floor and have bubbles float in the air while she sang.
I also gave Sadie her first journal. Journal-writing was one of my favorite things growing up. I have, I think, 15 journals filled with my thoughts starting at age 8 until now. Sadie has recorded some great thoughts and has even written some questions to her journal, like "what do you like to do?". I look forward to seeing what else she writes., 

We baked and decorated some Easter-themed sugar cookies that afternoon. Sadie's cookies were actually decently decorated. Elise's were topped with as much decoration as possible. 
Daniel arrived home that afternoon and the girls made him eat the cookies they had made just for him. He loved every single, frosting-covered bite.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Cinderella costume! I saw your email when you sent out about the sale. I was bummed I couldn't get some cheap dress up dresses. I also think you're a horrible mom for not filling up a tub of soapy water for Elise.