Saturday, April 25, 2015

Spring Break

We tried to have some fun during Sadie's Spring Break. I am nervous for summer because by the end of the week the girls were fighting nonstop and I had no patience. Sleep-away summer camps are brilliant. Do they do those for 5-year-olds? 

Anyway, on to some of our activities. 
Not pictured: I took the older girls to the new Cinderella movie. We all enjoyed it.
One afternoon we went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point with the Sullivans before it officially started. It was a little windy so there was hardly anyone there. It's rare to find something kid-friendly during spring break that isn't packed.
 Whenever we go to the Thanksgiving Point gardens one of the biggest attractions is feeding the fish. 
 We miss living by the Sullivans. Our kids are such good friends. I am confident with time that Andrew and Camille will be just as close as the older sets of kids.
 The kids enjoyed a roll down the huge hill and then we went back to our house for dinner.
 

Hair cuts. Both girls needed at least a trim and I was tired of the hair brushing tantrums so I had them chop Lou's hair. Elise had been throwing huge fits about hair brushing. Like, she would hit, scratch, and bite me when it came to brushing her hair. If you go back up to the first picture in this post her hair was getting really long and it looked beautiful when it was actually brushed and done. I was a little hesitant to cut it all off, but I am so glad I did. It looks adorable! And the best part? Minimal crying about hair brushing. 
The main thing she cared about was the lollipop and balloon.
 Two happy girls with healthy hair, even if Sadie was a little jealous of all the attention Lou got.

Pajama pizza party movie night! We invited a few of the girls' friends over. Sadie really wanted everyone to wear their pj's, which was a lot more adorable than I anticipated. They all giggled while they ate their pizza. Sadie picked The Tinkerbell Fairy for the movie, which only 2 of them ended up watching. The rest of them played in the basement, which was fine. 

A park trip. 

The best part of the break? Daniel was home! 



2 comments:

Tina said...

With Elise's new haircut, she looks even more like you at that age. So cute!

Unknown said...

I love Elise's haircut. I always feel hesitant before I cut Brizzys hair but then am very happy after, particularly about the lack of crying/whining when I'm doing it. I think Elise looks a lot older with it cut. It fits her face really cute though.