If you don't want to read a lot of details about foot warts, don't read this post.
Last December we noticed Sadie had a wart on the bottom of her foot. She said it didn't hurt too much. In January we had it frozen, along with a tiny one near it. Well, it continued to grow and got nastier. In March we had it frozen again. The second time we got it frozen Sadie knew what it was going to feel like. It took 3 nurses and me holding her down so the doctor could spray the warts.
Again, the big one just got bigger and nastier. Since it was right by her toes it started getting more painful. The crease where her toe and foot meet was also getting increasingly irritated.
Sadie was very upset about it and I wasn't sure what else to try. I took the picture above to send to my friend Mel, a pediatric nurse practitioner. She suggested trying duct tape and after each tape change, filing down as much dead tissue as possible. Under Sadie's protests (aka freak outs) we tried duct tape and filing. That only lasted a few days before I was tired of fighting her on it.
The other night before bed Sadie said her wart felt weird. The girls had been running around outside barefoot that evening (hence the dirty foot) so I figured she stepped on something. When I looked closely, the wart was almost completely torn off. I gave it a little tug (while Sadie protested) and it came clean off. There was a deep divot in her foot where it used to be, but it was all normal skin beneath.
And that is the story of Sadie's massive wart.


2 comments:
That's so cool! Warts are so weird. They get bigger when you do everything to stop them. And they fall off when you least expect it. I can't believe that it fell off and she didn't notice except that it "felt weird." But I'm so glad it did!
That is weird.
Post a Comment