I accepted a job today with UVU (formerly UVSC) as the financial manager of their library, aka digital learning center. I am both excited and nervous. I start one week from today!
A digital rendering of the library from the west side. The library just opened 2 months ago and it is gorgeous. It definitely stands out as you drive by on I-15 (maybe that is just because the main architectural detail is not cement slabs). I get my own office too!
The view from the south side. The job is everything I wanted: challenging, 10 minutes from home, amazing benefits, competitive pay, and a sarcastic boss (at least he seemed like it in the interview). After 6 years at BYU, it will be fun to get a change of scenery. I may even see some shoulders, extreme hair styles, and above-knee leg!
********
What Carly left off of this little post is the most important part of her job...she is the library fine collector. I mean seriously if she showed up at your door demanding money to balance her budget wouldn't you give it to her. I think I will start calling her Bookman (Seinfeld fans will enjoy that one).
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
And the winner is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Carly! I am so proud of you! I saw your mom a week ago (we were visiting Boston) and she told me about your blog - it has been very fun to "catch up"! I promise to email soon - thank you so much for sending the announcement. I think of you often and wish you all the best. Heather Davis
Carly, that's awesome. Sounds like a great fit for you and Daniel! My brother is getting married in SLC on October 2nd, general conference weekend. I definitely want to see you guys if you'll be around.
Congrats! I can't wait to see your office . . . in December. But still, better late than never.
carly! what great news. hope you enjoy your new job!
Post a Comment