I am starting a new segment of our blog with journal entries from my earlier years. Keep in mind that I addressed my journals as an animate object, but not quite a person, until I was probably 14.
Here are a few good ones:
- July 22nd, 1993- "I now take tennis lessons. I have learned to balance my racket on two fingers, to do forehand, ready position and for right now the last thing is foot fire. Our teacher's name is Chris. I hate him. He is stupid. My mom is a better teacher than him."
- August 12th, 1993- "I hate my mom. I won't explain what happened. Anyway yesterday we went to Walden Pond. Today we are going again with the Porters. My mom said you couldn't come. Well she didn't say you couldn't come but she said I couldn't get mad if someone read you over my shoulder. I know you didn't want someone looking at you except me. Sorry about when Meredith opened you. Anthony got home yesterday. Meredith and I made a basket and filled it with candy and tissue paper. Have you ever had a Watermelon War Head? They are awesome!"
4 comments:
That is a funny commercial.
I watched it then kept reading about your Mexico trip and while I was reading Anna crawled over to play with the computer, somehow she got it to go back to the commercial, then she sat patiently and watched it, I guess she missed it the first time.
I really enjoyed this flashback. I read it out loud to some Maxfields and they didn't appreciate as much as me. Your tennis instructor probably didn't know anything about tennis. Was the comparison to mom referring to the fact that she was a great teacher, or was it a huge dis because she wasn't?
Okay, this post made me laugh out loud. I love rage filled journal entries. Keep 'em coming!
You are awesome! I love to read your blog because it always makes me laugh. So, we totally need to hang out with you guys!
Post a Comment