Now I know you are wondering what the heck CVG is, well let me tell you because for the next few hours it is my home. CVG is the code for Cincinnati airport and I get the fantastic opportunity of staying here until my next flight of my trek to Cancun. Here are the pluses and minuses of my situation at the moment.
Pluses-
Right now I essentially have the place to myself which is great because I don't have to carry my bags all over the place if I want to walk around for a minute. And if my bags do go missing then they would be pretty easy to find considering that either one of the three janitors walking about or the other guy who appears to be sharing my plight would have to be the people that took them.
Unlike at our apartment I was able to find free internet here in the airport. I am not sure how, but I was able to avoid the 15 bucks that the t mobile hot spot was trying to charge. So take that t mobile.
If I begin to smell (which is very possible) then no one is around to complain about it, unless the janitors have a keen sense of smell.
CNN is on 24/7 which means I am catching up on all the fantastic jabs that our potential future presidents are taking at each other. How about they work together to help the country actually move in a better direction instead of worrying about resumes and who is a hero and who isn't. Politics are really annoying. There is an interesting show on the Dali Lama so I got that going for me.
Minuses-
I am starving and there is not a food place open in the whole joint. How do I know? I know because I asked my friend Raul the janitor mere moments ago and to put it simply I would think Raul knows what hes talking about when it comes to finding food.
I may get into a fight with my friend who appears to be sharing my same situation (unless he is a janitor who carries around luggage) if we both need to charge our computers. I say this because it seems that there is exactly one outlet in the entire terminal and I refuse to let this computer die because without it I might go crazy and have to build a fort out of all of these chairs. Maybe my friend would want to help.
Now I know I said CNN is a plus, but it might become a negative since it just loops and repeats itself over and over. Besides why can't they break the rules once and just turn it to ESPN.
Well that's all I have for now, but if any of you read this soon, or I guess ever, go ahead and give me some ideas for good activities to kill time. Seriously do it...please.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Live from CVG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, the CVG. We will get to know it well during our layover in October on our trip to Boston, which will be a horrendous SLC-DEN-CVG-BOS trip. Yeah, that's right, two stops. We're that cheap.
I will look for Raul while I'm there.
have no fear my friend, I still have to stop in Atlanta in the morning.
ummm, my question is....WHY ARE YOU GOING TO CANCUN? I guess I am the jealous type...maybe cause I know our situations are the same and I know for a fact that we are both broke as a joke. So my question is now...Why and HOW are you going to Cancun? You suck!
Oh ya....if you come back for a layover in ATL...please miss your flight. That way yall can hang with us for a day and we will all be happy campers!
Maybe they will cast you for the sequel of The Terminal, "The Terminal II: CVG." If the script doesn't make it to Hollywood, at least it should be a Lifetime special feature.
It sounds like you made some friends!!! Hope ya'll are having a great time. (don't forget our souvenirs!!)
Are you home yet? I want more posts. Your blog is easily one of the most entertaining on our blogroll.
Post a Comment