Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Am Queer

My choice of words is deliberate. I bet my blog title piqued your interest. Daniel has been gone this whole week at Lake Powell and I haven't been doing much of anything. For some reason while I have been hanging out with myself I have noticed many bizarre, and seemingly hypocritical things I do. Here is a list:

  • My closet is color coded and separated by clothing type (shirts, pants, skirts, etc.); however, many of the clothes are inside-out on the hanger because I don't feel like taking the time to fix them. Margaret Tueller was the first to point this out to me. She is about to pop with baby #2, by the way. (Margaret- the question to you is: are you going to create a whole new blog for Tueller-Proffitt boy #2, or morph Booker's site into a dual-approach with posts from one or both of the boy's points of view? I am dying to know)
  • I exercise a lot but I eat unhealthy foods. Today I went to the gym and I also ate 5 cupcakes. Lest you think any less of me, eating 5 cupcakes in one day is not necessarily typical, but it was a great example.
  • I set my alarm clock to very particular times, such as 8:27 AM, but I NEVER get up the first time it goes off.
  • I wipe down my kitchen counter tops multiple times a day but I rarely scrub the floor. Rarely means rarely (like less than monthly). Don't judge me. Our 15-year-old linoleum looks essentially the same after being scrubbed for 2 hours. There is no point. I do sweep or vacuum it regularly.
  • I am a very good speller and I don't know Roman Numerals- at all. I was out sick when we covered them in third grade. That is not a joke; I really was out sick. I came back to school and we had one more day of them but I was too shy to ask for help so I just never learned.
  • I spend a lot of energy and money on clothing. I like nice clothes (only on sale of course). However, I hardly ever spend time doing my hair. In fact, there have been multiple times when I did my hair and someone told me they had no idea my hair was that length. Side note: Daniel has asked me several times why buying nice clothes for a great price that I don't really need is okay. He doesn't understand the satisfaction of knowing that the pants you are buying were originally $99.99, marked down to $59.99, then to $34.99, and finally to $15.49.
  • I have never paid a bill late. Ever. I managed to be late to my first class nearly every day during graduate school.
  • I hate The Hills but I still watch it. My excuse is that Daniel likes it.
  • I love writing long emails but I hate long phone conversations.
Yep, I am definitely queer!

*Editing note: The above picture is of me in a kitchen cabinet. There is currently a microwave occupying that space. Daniel and I went to visit his cousins when they had just moved into a new house. I climbed into the cabinet just to see if I could. Daniel shut the door and we surprised everyone when they came in!

2 comments:

Courtney Nielson said...

i went to the gym the other day and then proceeded to eat all of the mini twixes in the candy mix at work. useless.

Margaret Proffitt said...

you are definitely queer... and you never fail to make me laugh SO HARD. man, i love it. no, no new blogs for us. booker is going to have to share... i'm not sure how we'll approach it. hmmmm....