Every year at the library we have awards and an awards ceremony, much like the Dundie's except not nearly as entertaining. And it is only 3 awards. And the awards are voted on by all library employees. Anyway...
This year I was on the library awards committee. Last time I was on the committee I was 8 months pregnant with Elise and didn't help with anything. In fact, I didn't even attend the awards. This year, in an effort to spice up the ceremony and have some fun I made some pretty sweet awards to go along with the monetary reward each winner gets.
I was trying to decide which vase to buy to turn into a cup award. I went with the one on the left.
I made 2 awards- the golden cup for the project of the year, which involved a team of people, and the golden book, which went to the employee of the year. This project required gorilla glue and gold spray paint. Glued the plastic handles onto the vase and the book onto the wood plaque and sprayed it gold. Bam.
No one else seemed to think it was as funny as I thought it was.
I volunteered to be in charge of the awards next year so I am thinking we'll turn things up a few notches. Entertainment? Drama? Suspense? I'll bring it all.
PS- Happiest of birthdays to old man Nielson. Celebrating the big 3-0. I almost forgot since he is in Chicago the rest of the week.


3 comments:
favorite things about this post: you spray painting a vase and laughing at yourself, you mentioning Daniel's 30's birthday as a sidenote. Hahaha. Can't wait to see you soon.
I like it! Every award needs some good hardware.
Why do I find myself singing "I have a Golden Ticket" from Willa Wonka? I love the effort that you put into these meaningless awards -- and I wish my school had awards like this! I'd love it!
Post a Comment