Thursday, September 17, 2009

Museum Outing: No Boys Allowed

We have lived by the Pioneer Heritage Museum for 3 years but never gone in. So as Sadie and I were on a walk the other day and I saw a big "OPEN" sign on the front door, we decided to check it out. This museum is a girl's only club if I've ever seen one. Upon entering we found a bunch of women with an average age of roughly 72.5. Sadie loved it! She is learning early the age-old saying "girls rule and boys drool".

But seriously, this museum has some really cool stuff from the pioneers who settled Provo. And it's free. It's open from April to October the last two Wednesdays of the month from 1-4 PM. It is operated by the Daughter of the Utah Pioneers; hence why there were all women inside.

An oxe yoke used to cross the plains

In a chair brought across the ocean and then to Utah in 1849.
Sadie just had to test it out. She's a rule breaker!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I can tell that Sadie just loves family history.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Reminds me of Marie Callenders.

Julia Mar said...

Uh huh... you mean YOU just had to make her test it out. Well, it looks like she liked it!