percentile that is. Yup, this is a boring blog post about Sadie's most recent doctor's appointment. But she is past the 20th percentile on all 3 measurements and that is exciting! She is in the 33rd (12 lbs 15.5 oz) for weight, 61st (24.6") for height, and 38th for head circumference. Now that is some good growing little girl! If only she could get rid of that unsightly red birthmark between her eyebrows...
She is now above any height percentile I have ever achieved in my life. Ever. But that's what being a mom is all about, right? Making sure your children don't have the deformities you had so you can live through them.
The pediatrician told me I can start Sadie on rice cereal and baby food any time I want now. But I am in absolutely no rush. Remember this blog post? And do you see this picture of Hillary with Sadie? I'm not ready for that spit up dripping off Hill's arm to be anything other than the white, non-clumpy stuff. I think I will at least wait until Sadie's new highchair arrives in the mail.
Unfortunately we have to go back another time for Sadie to get all her shots. Sadie is participating in this meningitis vaccine study and for some reason those people didn't show up for her appointment today. I tried my best to not be annoyed, but there is just no getting around the fact that it is annoying. Now we have to go for another 45 minute appointment (minimum) just for Sadie to get shot up. Daniel told me they should buy me lunch the next time I go in. I agree.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Out of the 20th...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No kidding, she has surpassed any percentile you ever achieved. I think by the time you were 3 months old (after you recovered from pneumonia), or at some point, you were actually "off the chart" -BELOW the lowest weight/height listed for your age! You were so tiny!
my nephew had a really bad birthmark all along his forehead...the older he gets the less you can see it. Plus...I NEVER would have even noticed it until you said something! haha you are funny Carly. I can't get over how cute she is!
Post a Comment