Saturday, July 7, 2012

Boston Visitors Again

My mom and dad came to visit us in June as well. My mother has been in Utah 3 times since February and we love it every time. We like to see grandparents as much as possible. (Can't wait until Mimi comes in 2 months!)
It was a fairly laid back trip. My parents took the girls to the park every morning while I was at work. I would come home and put the girls down for naps and then they'd play in the kiddie pool. They taught Sadie the sweet relief of "being in the shade" when it's hot out. Every time we are outside now she looks for some shade and tells me how nice it is.
 A few days before they arrived I tried to potty train Sadie. It didn't go well so I decided we'd try another time. Well, Sadie randomly started telling my mom every time she needed to go potty and only had a couple accidents. 
Some underwear with Nana and Papa in the background
What the?? Those were 3 great days of having "potty trained" status and going places in underwear. Don't you worry, the day after my parents left Sadie refused to pee in the toilet. 
Playing catch with Papa in cool underwear 
She still pees in the potty for her babysitter and at friends houses, just not for me. That girl and our power struggles. Teenage-hood terrifies me.
  I found Sadie like this one day when I got home from work. She has been quite the little streaker lately.
Elise was also a perfect angel for my parents, of course. She has since become a very picky eater. The foods she is currently willing to eat: mandarin oranges, yogurt, toast, apple sauce, pb and honey sandwiches, and animal crackers. That's about it.
 I'm glad the girls were well-behaved so my mom can continue to think they are perfect angels and not believe me when I call and complain.
I cannot get over how much I think Elise looks like my father in this picture.
We also squeezed in a lot of family dinners with my siblings, some shopping at the Park City outlets, and some quality use of the backseat of our minivan.
And finally, a sweet photo taken by Sadie
We can't wait to see Papa and Nana again in less than a month! This time we'll go to them, along with the rest of the John family for our first ever reunion.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, we really miss you guys. And they WERE little angels while we were there...so sorry they didn't keep it up after we left. Let's hope they keep it up in August when we are all together! Love you guys.

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Sadie on her little toilet. Hahaha. And I was just thinking how I think Elise looks like your Dad. Seriously I was. Sometimes I think about odd things :)