Monday, July 23, 2012

So Play With Me, Maybe?






Our girls seem to be actually developing a relationship. I read other people's blogs where they talk about their older child doting on the baby, their kids laughing hysterically together and/or the younger one just worshiping the older one. That hasn't been the case with ours. When Elise was a baby Sadie didn't acknowledge her much, except for to notice when she was getting attention from one of us that Sadie wanted. When Sadie does recognize Lou's existence, it usually brings crying/fighting/hitting/whining. I mention all that to say that things are a-changing. A month ago nearly all of their interactions were negative, and now the number of negative exchanges per day is probably the same, but the number of positive interactions has shot through the roof. 

Here's to hoping these two will be friends, or at least frienemies. 

PS- the post title is an ode to Sadie's favorite song. It makes me laugh every single time she sings it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cuties!! I'm glad that they are playing together more.

Tina said...

I've never seen the back of the tricycle used to carry an extra "rider" like that! Great playing together, cuties. and glad they like the bike.

Unknown said...

That's Briz' favorite song too. Hahaha. A lot of times Briz will sing, "So call me baby." She's not very confident in he knowledge of the lyrics yet.