On top of Sadie being potty trained for everyone but her mother, we have had lots of changes in June.
1. Lou is in a forward facing car seat. She understood exactly what to do when her pediatrician said she needed to gain a couple more pounds before she could make the switch. She gained 2 pounds in 3 weeks by eating all food in sight and now is back to leaving most of her food on the highchair tray. This is her maiden voyage while forward facing and she was visibly excited the entire time.
2. The girls played well together a few times. Don't worry, Sadie still terrorizes Elise the rest of the time, but just let it be known they actually had a good time while interacting on a few occasions. Elise got some revenge the other day when Sadie was laying on top of her. She jerked her head back quickly and popped Sadie in the nose real good. Sadie had a nice bloody nose for a while. I really hope it means she'll stop laying on top of Elise. It's really annoying.
3. Definitely not major, but Sadie can stack all of the pieces to her block puzzle and she's mighty proud.
4. Elise plays on the playground a little. Sadie showed her how to turn the steering wheel she thought that was pretty cool.
5. Sadie seems to finally understand what a fire truck is. She used to ask me about them every time we passed one. And then reply with "why" to everything I said. Wal-mart was having a safety day so she got to check out the inside of this fire engine and an ambulance. She tells me that ambulances have lots of medicines and band-aids and fire trucks have water to help smoke and fire.
6. Last, and most importantly, Elise is walking! She still crawls if she wants to get somewhere quickly, but she does walk more than half the time.






2 comments:
Yeah! She's walking! It's so weird to see her walking. She looks so grown up. And I remember that dress :) It made me a little sad when I saw it on her because I wish we could make our little babies be twins once again.
Lexie- I actually think about that every time I put this dress on Lou. Maybe not the #1 reason Holland is missed, but it's up there alright. :)
Post a Comment