Last weekend we hit the road to visit our good friends and former neighbors, the Singers, who are around for Phil's internship in Logan this summer.
We packed up the old minivan and headed on out. Elise was happy to oblige me with a beginning-of-road-trip picture, but Sadie just wanted to watch her new movie. I don't blame her, Shrek 2 is hilarious.
Apparently Idaho does not both begin and end with Malad. Daniel and I realized we have never driven north of it. I snapped a shot of my Grandma John's house from I-15. It's just on the other side of the green patch in the center of the picture. We briefly considered making a stop, but we were making amazing time and the girls were happy so we didn't want to tempt fate.
We were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful Rexburg looked. I've heard it's terrible in the winter, but the summertime is gorgeous.
We jumped right in to talking, eating, and marveling at the difference in size between Felix and Elise- only 1 week apart in age.You may notice Sadie wearing no pants in the picture above. This was the result of a McDonald's playplace trip turned horribly wrong when I noticed another child at the playplace had peed in her pants and her mother hurriedly left (without saying anything to anyone about it). You guessed it- Sadie came down the slide with urine-soaked shorts. And she was wearing a pull-up so we knew it wasn't her own pee.
Sitting in highchairs makes them look closer in size. Felix has a good 3 or 4 inches on Lou.
I love this picture of Sadie looking mischievous while the babies look to their respective parents for help.
I love this picture of Sadie looking mischievous while the babies look to their respective parents for help.
The next day Jen took me on a tour of BYU-Idaho's campus. Felix sat forward-facing for the first time ever and he looked confused most of the time.
After seeing campus we went over to Rexburg's awesome splash pad. I've included entirely too many pictures, but they are all cute.
Elise's tongue is always out when she's concentrating. I guess that's genetic. My mom used to yell at me during my softball games to put my tongue in my mouth. I'm embracing it with Elise. Stick your tongue out all you want little girl!
Check out those eyelashes.
Check out this cute little boy. You can't tell very well in this picture, but Felix is one ripped little guy. He is so strong! I suspect they make Felix work out at night to keep up his toned physique.
After stumbling around for a while without getting wet Elise discovered the fun of standing directly on the fountains.
Pure joy.
Sadie started to do it too, but decided it wasn't that great.
Look at the stink eye Louie is giving. I laughed so hard when I opened this picture from Jen.
Look at the stink eye Louie is giving. I laughed so hard when I opened this picture from Jen.
And one more cute one just for good measure
Right next to the splash pad there was a merry-go-round. The girls were thrilled to ride it with Daniel. And I was thrilled to sit on a stationary bench nearby and watch. I don't do well with spinning.
We spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the Clark's awesome basement.
Elise enjoyed driving cars along this ledge until she fell off of it. I warned her lots of times that was going to happen, but some 1-year-olds never listen.
Sadie spent much of the time hoarding toys and trying to keep the kids from getting them.
Then I started building a train track with Sadie and when Daniel saw how awful it was he couldn't keep from butting in and fixing it all. He claimed he was just helping Sadie, but I heard him tell her a few times not to touch his track. I tried to get a picture of it but they had already started cleaning it up.
That night we ate a delicious dinner prepared by Kim and Sue and then jumped back in the car again.
Another shot of these little kiddos in their highchairs. Felix taught Elise the hilarious and exhilarating art of throwing food on the floor. Since we got home she has been tossing food all over our kitchen.
We took one final group shot and then we drove back to Utah. It was a quick 2-day trip, but it was so fun to hang out with them. And somehow in this picture it looks like Jen and I are only separated in height by a few inches- rest assured she is still a good 7 inches taller than me.
We took one final group shot and then we drove back to Utah. It was a quick 2-day trip, but it was so fun to hang out with them. And somehow in this picture it looks like Jen and I are only separated in height by a few inches- rest assured she is still a good 7 inches taller than me.












5 comments:
Ahh...Good 'ol Rexburg! Such a fun place to visit, so glad that I don't live there anymore. (Hee...Hee!) Looks like a fabulous trip! Great friends are best!
Sigh. Jealous! I want to hang out with you guys.
Wait - his internship is in Logan, but they live in Rexburg? Sounds like a long commute to me. The pictures are GREAT -- we especially liked the one with Elise standing over the sprinkler (pure joy!).
Your girls are so cute. Ella has the pink ruffle bum swimsuit. I wish they could all be playing together in their matching suits! Miss y'all!
I am so embarrassed that Felix taught Elise to throw food! It is so frustrating. I hate meals because of it. I sincerely apologize! We had a good time with you guys, thanks for coming up!
Post a Comment