A couple weeks ago I took Sadie and her friend Ella to the Princess Festival at Thanksgiving Point. The Dunns were about to move so we squeezed in as much time together as we could before they left. The idea of the festival is very cute- a big party where everyone comes dressed up and they get to see lots of princesses, but it actually wasn't that well done. Any girls over age 5 would probably recognize how lame parts of it were, but that doesn't matter because Sadie LOVED it. Yes, she loved it enough that it warrants CAPS. We just won't bring Sadie again since next year she won't be free anymore.
It started off a bit slow. They tried to make us attend these little performances with made-up, non-Disney princesses. The girls could care less about story time with someone they have never heard of. They didn't even want to sit through Cinderella story time (below). We left after 2 minutes.
Sadie was in the zone. She ran around taking pictures with everything possible.
Rapunzel the live princess and Rapunzel the cardboard cut out.
Ella was mostly happy to just stay with me and watch Sadie take pictures. She finally agreed to take a picture with Belle here, but then immediately ran back to my arms. She wasn't as enthusiastic about the princess festival as Sadie. I think she just wanted some good snuggle time with me since she knew her family was moving soon. :)
During lunch the girls were being so incredibly adorable. I got a little teary-eyed as I watched them laugh together.
Seriously, this is what lunch with a couple of three year olds (Sadie's almost 3) should be. If only life with Sadie was always like that.
After lunch Sadie got her nails and hair done. I was so impressed with how still Sadie sat as they curled her hair. She has asked me to curl her hair a few times since then but I don't have any tiny curling irons so I can say no without feeling too guilty.
Then we attended a dance party with lots of princesses.
Ella sat on my lap and watched the dance party.
Sadie was feelin it. She danced like I have never seen her dance before.
Our last event of the day was a little dance performance. Sadie jumped up when they asked for volunteers. It's funny, mostly because Sadie is normally fairly reserved in new situations, but I think because everyone was dressed up and they called her by her first name (all the little girls had big name tags on), she felt totally comfortable.
Ella sat on my lap and sprinkled pixie dust in her hair the whole time. Earlier in the day we had seen a little girl with a bag of glitter, AKA pixie dust, and Ella really wanted some. We found some at a little booth right before this last activity and Ella was happy to sit and sprinkle it. Funny girl.
The next day we had one final get-together with the Dunns and some of our other friends before they moved to Jacksonville. It's hard to have good friends move away. Tyler and Daniel were roommates almost 10 years ago in Liberty Square and we have all pretty much lived in Utah since then.
We will miss you, Tyler, Amber, Ella and Cooper!
















2 comments:
It's always sad when friends move away. I can't believe Sadie is practically a 3 year old, but she does look so grown up with her curled hair in those dancing pictures. Fun activity!
Loving all the posts!! Thanks for catching us up!
Post a Comment